It’s National Candy Apple Day today, and the last day of the 31 Days of Candy! I can’t believe that the 31 Days of candy is actually over. It has been one of the most challenging months of my creative spirit, but also one of the most rewarding. I’ve gone through moments of being pumped about making patterns down to doubting myself with if my patterns are good enough. Through it all I learned that I can do more than I ever thought possible, and cannot wait to see where my creative journey takes me. I was completely crazy to do this during my wedding month, but it also was something that was totally worth it for me. Thank you all for being the most supportive community that has helped encourage me to do this! I couldn’t have gotten through this without you all. I can’t wait to show you guys what happens next during these upcoming weeks and months with the Makery! Keep your eyes peeled tomorrow on my Instagram for a sneak peek of one of my secret projects and next pattern release.
(The rest of the post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full affiliate disclosure here.)
- Paintbox yarns Simply DK in Pillar Red (main color) & Cocoa Bean (second color) & Light Camel (third color)
- You could also use Lion Brand 24/7 cotton in Red, Cafe au Lait, and Ecru
- 4.00 mm crochet hook
- Black, red, and pink felt
- Black and pink embroidery floss
- embroidery needle
- yarn needle
- stitch marker
- st = stitch
- sc = single crochet (UK Double Crochet)
- dec = decrease
- ch = chain
- sl st = slip stitch
- The Candy Apple is crocheted in one piece in continuous rounds with no joining. Mark the beginning of each round with a stitch marker.
- Pattern uses US crochet terminology, but the UK terminology conversion is listed in the stitches used list above
- Face is made of felt pieces that are cut out and sewn on to the crocheted piece. Download my Felt Pieces for Plushies PDF Printout for the face pieces you’ll cut out of felt. Cut out two eyes from black felt, one mouth from pink felt, and a tongue from red felt. If you don’t know how to sew on felt pieces, see my Youtube video below that shows how to do it.
Rnd 1: sc 5 into magic circle (5)
Rnd 2: sc 2 in each sc around (10)
Rnd 3: *sc 1, sc 2 in next st *repeat 4 times (15)
Rnd 4: *sc 2, sc 2 in next st *repeat 4 times (20)
Rnd 5-9: sc 20 (20)
Sew on face
Rnd 1: sc 5 into magic circle
Rnd 2: sc 2 in each sc around
Rnd 3: *sc 1, sc 2 in next st *repeat 4 more times
Rnd 4: *sc 2, sc 2 in next st *repeat 4 more times
Rnd 5: sc 1, ch 3 starting into 2nd ch from hook sl st 2, then sl st into next st to the first sc, sl st 3, ch 3 starting into 2nd ch from hook, sl st 2, sl st 3, ch 3 starting into 2nd ch from hook, sl st 2, sl st 6, ch 3 starting into 2nd ch from hook, sl st 2, sl st 5
Fasten off and leave a tail for sewing to top of candy apple. Sew to candy apple as pictured below.
Using Paintbox yarn Col 108 Light camel or other DK weight yarn
Rnd 1:sc 4 in magic circle
Rnd 2-6:sc 4
Fasten off, leaving tail for sewing. Sew to top of Candy Apple as pictured above.
I hope you love your tiny little Candy Apple! If you missed any of the other free crochet patterns you can get them in the 31 Days of Candy section on my website. If you’d like to share your makes, make sure to tag @eclairemakery and use the hashtag #31daysofcandy to share your makes with everyone. Thank you so much for following along with this 31 Days of Candy journey! I can’t wait to keep bringing you more adorable crochet patterns in the upcoming months.