Happy National Candy Corn Day! Of course I had to celebrate that by creating a tiny crochet candy corn pattern of my own, which makes Day 30’s candy a teeny Candy Corn, It’s so little and cute! I don’t enjoy eating candy corns, but I do think they are adorable. All of the colors are so fun, and being wrapped up in a tiny package makes them perfectly put together. I’m on my honeymoon right now so today’s post is very brief! I do want you do be able to make the pattern though, so I made sure to share it. Hope you like it!
(The rest of the post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full affiliate disclosure here.)
- Paintbox yarns Simply DK in Buttercup Yellow (main color) & Seville Orange(second color) and White (third color)
- You could also use Lion Brand 24/7 cotton in Lemon, Tangerine, and White
- 4.00 mm crochet hook
- Black, red, and pink felt
- Black and pink embroidery floss
- embroidery needle
- yarn needle
- stitch marker
- st = stitch
- sc = single crochet (UK Double Crochet)
- dec = decrease
- ch = chain
- The Candy Corn is crocheted in one piece in continuous rounds with no joining. Mark the beginning of each round with a stitch marker.
- Pattern uses US crochet terminology, but the UK terminology conversion is listed in the stitches used list above
- Face is made of felt pieces that are cut out and sewn on to the crocheted piece. Download my Felt Pieces for Plushies PDF Printout for the face pieces you’ll cut out of felt. Cut out two eyes from black felt, one mouth from pink felt, and a tongue from red felt. If you don’t know how to sew on felt pieces, see my Youtube video below that shows how to do it.
Starting with yellow (main color)
Rnd 1: sc 5 in magic circle (5)
Rnd 2: sc 2 in each sc around (10)
Rnd 3: *sc 1, sc 2 in next st,* repeat 4 more times (15)
Rnd 4: *sc 2, sc 2 in next st,* repeat 4 more times (20)
Rnd 5-6: sc 20
Switch to orange (secondary color)
Rnd 7-9: sc 20
Rnd 11: *sc 2, dec 1 *repeat 4 more times
Sew on face, and switch to white (third color).
Rnd 12: sc 10 around
Rnd 13: *sc 1, dec 1 *repeat 4 more times
Rnd 14: dec 5
Fasten off and weave in ends.
If you missed any of the other free crochet patterns you can get them in the 31 Days of Candy section on my website. If you’d like to share your makes, make sure to tag @eclairemakery and use the hashtag #31daysofcandy to share your makes with everyone. See you tomorrow for day 30 of the 31 days of candy!