Today is National Chocolate Day, which meant that I totally had to make a chocolate bar to celebrate! Chocolate is one of my favorite things, so this national holiday is pretty special for me. Plus, I got married yesterday, so it’s even more special!
This cute little chocolate bar is one of my favorite candies that I’ve made so far. Maybe it’s the tiny size, the fact that it’s chocolate, or that it’s the candy made for the day after my wedding. Chocolate might not be the thing that my husband Stephen would want to celebrate with, but it sure is for me! All of the stress of prepping for the wedding, wondering how it’s all work, and all of the little details are finally done so now I need all of the chocolate right now. It was so worth all of the stress though! Such a wonderful day spent with friends and family to celebrate getting married to the man of my dreams!
This chocolate bar is a cute and simple project to make for any occasion. It’s crocheted in two pieces that are sewn together which creates such an adorable chocolate! I hope you enjoy making it!
(The rest of the post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. See my full affiliate disclosure here.)
- Paintbox yarns Simply DK in Coffee Bean (main color) & Washed Teal (second color) and Stormy Grey (third color)
- You could also use Lion Brand 24/7 cotton in Cafe Au Lait, Aqua, and Silver
- 4.00 mm crochet hook
- Black, red, and pink felt
- Black and pink embroidery floss
- embroidery needle
- yarn needle
- stitch marker
- st = stitch
- sc = single crochet (UK Double Crochet)
- sl st = slip stitch
- ch = chain
- The chocolate bar is crocheted in two separate pieces that are sewn together. They are crocheted in rows.
- Pattern uses US crochet terminology, but the UK terminology conversion is listed in the stitches used list above
- Face is made of felt pieces that are cut out and sewn on to the crocheted piece. Download my Felt Pieces for Plushies PDF Printout for the face pieces you’ll cut out of felt. Cut out two eyes from black felt, one mouth from pink felt, and a tongue from red felt. If you don’t know how to sew on felt pieces, see my Youtube video below that shows how to do it.
Chocolate Bar Piece (Make 2)
Start with Main color.
Rnd 1: ch 7, dc 5
Rnd 2-4: ch 2, turn dc 5
Switch to Secondary Color.
Rnd 5: (blo) dc 5
Rnd 6: dc 5
Fasten off and leave a tail for sewing the two pieces together on one of them.
On both pieces:
Use Third color and sl st into the first of the loops from the back loop row that you did.
Ch 1 and sc 2 in that first loop, sl st 1, sc 3 in next st, sl st 1, sc 2 in last stitch.
Fasten off and weave in ends.
If you missed any of the other free crochet patterns you can get them in the 31 Days of Candy section on my website. If you’d like to share your makes, make sure to tag @eclairemakery and use the hashtag #31daysofcandy to share your makes with everyone. See you tomorrow for day 28 of the 31 days of candy!