Do you love decorating for the seasons? Well, you’re in luck, because today I have a fun crochet summer home decor free crochet pattern for you to make: the Summer Pillow Cover designed by Desamour Designs for my blog. With bright summer colors, easy intarsia crochet design, and simple construction, this crochet pillow cover is a must have for your home. If you’re new to intarsia or tapestry crochet, then this crochet pillow pattern is a great beginner project for crochet color work. The pillow is worked flat, which makes it a great crochet cushion cover for beginners.
Another reason to love this pattern by Elizabeth from Desamour Designs is that you can use any worsted weight yarn lying around the house. You can also customize the colors, and even make it bigger by using larger yarn. Some of my favorite worsted weight yarns for home decor are Red Heart Soft Essentials, Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, and Caron Simply Soft. Any yarn or combination you use would look awesome with this pillow! So with that, let’s get to Elizabeth’s design!
Love this pattern? Save it to your favorite Pinterest Board!
I’m so excited and honored to be able to share a piece of Desamour Designs on the the E’Claire Makery blog with you. My name is Elisabeth and I am the designer, blogger, and photographer behind Desamour Designs. I have been crocheting on and off for 21 years. Last summer, I took the plunge and released my first pattern: The Summer Breezy Top and have been hooked ever since. Today I will be sharing the Summer Pillow Cover pattern with you.
This bright, and fun handmade touch for your home in the summer. I wanted to create a simple crochet throw pillow pattern that was easy to make and perfect for display from Memorial Day through Labor Day. This pillow pattern uses the Intarsia technique for color changes to make this fun crochet cushion cover pattern.
16″ x 16″ square
- 5mm | US H8 Crochet Hook
- 300 yds of worsted yarn in Color A (Real Teal)
- 100 yds of worsted yarn in Color B (Coral)
- Darning needle
- The pattern is written in Standard US Crochet Terms.
- The pattern involves color changes using intarsia crochet. Experience with color work is recommended, but if you’re a beginner to intarsia crochet than you can totally do it! You can also use tapestry crochet to make this pillow as well.
- I recommend reading through the pattern completely before beginning just to make sure that you understand everything in the pattern.
- Color changes happen are indicated by different colors on the crochet chart.
- If you’ve never done intarsia or tapestry crochet before, I’ve created a beginner’s guide to tapestry crochet that shows you how to do it. See the written and photo tutorial at The Beginner’s Guide to Tapestry Crochet.
- Ch – Chain
- Sc – Single crochet
- St(s) – Stitch(es)
This pattern and all images associated with this pattern are ©Desamour Designs and cannot be copied, shared, altered, sold, or claimed as your own in any way. You may not sell this pattern but you are welcome to sell finished items made from this pattern. I kindly ask that you provide a link to my pattern if you sell your finished items online. Feel free to tag your finished projects on Instagram @desamourdesigns and use the #desamourdesigns.
Don’t forget to favorite this pattern and upload your project to Ravelry!
Summer Pillow Cover Crochet Pattern
With Color A, ch 56
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook. Sc across. Ch1, turn (55 sc)
Row 2: Sc in each st across. Ch1, turn.
Row 3- 55: Repeat row 2.
With Color A, ch 56
Row 1-55: Follow the chart, switching to color B for letters.
With wrong sides of pieces facing each other, sew the bottom and sides of pillow. Turn right side out, insert pillow form and sew shut.
Fasten off. Weave in all ends.
Pin it for Later!