Create the flower field of your dreams with the Flower Field Blanket, a free C2C crochet blanket pattern now available here on my blog! This beautiful C2C crochet blanket pattern features a wide variety of crochet flowers, to make this crochet flower blanket perfect for your spring or summer crochet decor. By doing color changes with C2C crochet, you’ll be able to recreate these crochet flowers in no time!
Scroll down for the free corner to corner blanket pattern, or read my inspiration and techniques used to make this pattern in the paragraphs below. There is also a printable pdf version of this pattern or you can get it as a kit through Lion Brand!
Want to save this pattern for later? Save it to your favorite Pinterest Board! (Save it from mine here!)
One of my favorite parts about spring and summer is getting to see all of the flowers in bloom. I love how unique each type of flower is, and when they are all together in a field it makes me so happy! The only issue is that I have really bad outdoor allergies, so when things bloom, that also means I struggle with lots of sneezing and blowing my nose. I try to find ways to bring flowers into my home, but sometimes the only way is through crochet. So with this design, my goal was to recreate the flower fields I love so much with corner to corner crochet. Thus, this C2C crochet flower blanket was born!
Work through your crochet pattern much faster
Want to work through your crochet pattern a lot faster than using the graph? Though C2C crochet graphs are super helpful with crochet the pattern, I’ve found that the written pattern helps make things a lot faster! Not only can you see the exact number of stitches that you need, but you don’t have to worry about losing track of what rows you’re on with the graphs.
Want more than just the printable pdf? This pattern is also available as a kit through Lion Brand!
Isn’t it cool how we can create flower fields with C2C crochet? For this crochet blanket, you’ll be using basic C2C crochet techniques to create the square. You’ll need to know how to do the basic C2C crochet stitch, made from double crochets, chains, and slip stitches. It also includes color changes. You can do these by either carrying the colors, or by creating yarn bobbins that you join to the square as you need a different yarn color.
If you’re new to C2C crochet, I’ve got a great Beginner’s Guide to C2C Crochet, that walks you through all of the techniques you need to start! It walks you through how to do the C2C crochet stitch, increase and decrease stitches, and has other helpful tips. You can find it here on my blog at: Beginner’s Guide to C2C Crochet.
When it comes to blankets, one of the things I look for with yarns is how soft and how durable it it. That’s why for this C2C crochet blanket, I used one of my favorite yarns: Lion Brand Basic Stitch Anti Pilling. Not only is this yarn extremely soft, but it also is super durable! The yarn is anti-pilling, which means that if your blanket gets any of the fuzzes that happens to yarn when you use it, you can just stick it in the wash and they’ll go away! That durability just adds to the softness, and with it you’ll have the coziest blanket ever.
Now available as a Kit from Lion Brand!
I’m so excited to say that this blanket is now available as a kit with Lion Brand yarn! In the kit, you can get all the yarn and the pattern to make it. Now, with Lion Brand’s new website, you can also customize your colors! You can do it with the colors that I used in my blanket, or if you want to switch them, you totally can. Basic Stitch Anti Pilling yarn has so many amazing colors available, that you can maker this blanket into the flower field of your dreams!
You can get the kit on Lion Brand’s website at: Flower Field Blanket Kit.
- Lion Brand Basic Stitch Anti Piling (Get all the yarn and the printable pattern in the kit from Lion Brand!):
- Baby Blue 1110 yards (6 skeins)
- Grass 370 yards (2 skeins)
- Baby Pink 185 yards (1 skein)
- Prism 185 yards (1 skein)
- Gold Heather 185 yards (1 skein)
- Ecru 185 yards (1 skein)
- Mustard 185 yards (1 skein)
- 6.5mm crochet hook
Gauge: 4” x 4” = 5 squares by 5 squares in C2C crochet stitch
Finished Measurements: 40” x 48”
- Want the line by line written instructions for this pattern? You can get them in the premium discounted pdf on Ravelry or Etsy.
- New to C2C Crochet? No problem! Learn the basics of how to start doing C2C crochet with my tutorial, that walks you through everything you need to know to get started. You can find it here on my blog at: The Beginner’s Guide to C2C Crochet.
- Want to avoid crochet mistakes while crocheting this pattern? Learn how to avoid them with my post on my blog: 10 Mistakes Common Mistakes Crocheters Make and How to Avoid Them.
- Each block can be made with two different weights of yarn, if you’re using worsted weight then use the hdc C2C crochet stitch, and if using dk weight then use the normal dc C2C crochet stitch.
- This pattern is made using US crochet terminology
- This pattern is made using C2C (corner to corner) crochet.
Flower Fields Blanket Pattern
To make the blanket, follow the free graph pattern (or use the written instructions within the printable PDF) till it is finished.
. The pattern is also available as a kit through Lion Brand Yarn.
Pin it for later!