Cuddle up with the cutest blanket around, the free C2C Crochet Sloth Blanket! Featuring hanging jungle leaves, and an adorable sloth at the center, this fun C2C crochet blanket is sure to become a favorite. This free crochet blanket pattern is perfect for summer with its fun jungle design, but can be used anytime of year too!
Sloths are one of my favorite animals! If something has a sloth on it, then I pretty much want it. Maybe it’s their relaxed nature, furry coat, or smiling face, but they always make me smile! After my Tropical Toucan blanket was received so well, when I was planning out my summer designs, I knew I wanted to do a sloth blanket. I think you are going to love this smiling new friend!
Want to save this pattern for later? Save it to your favorite Pinterest board! (Save it from mine here!)
Work through your crochet pattern much faster
Want to work through your crochet pattern a lot faster than using the graph? Though C2C crochet graphs are super helpful with crochet the pattern, I’ve found that the written pattern helps make things a lot faster! Not only can you see the exact number of stitches that you need, but you don’t have to worry about losing track of what rows you’re on with the graphs.
Want more than just the printable pdf? This pattern is also available as a kit through Lion Brand!
Isn’t it cool how we can create flower fields with C2C crochet? For this crochet blanket, you’ll be using basic C2C crochet techniques to create the square. You’ll need to know how to do the basic C2C crochet stitch, made from double crochets, chains, and slip stitches. It also includes color changes. You can do these by either carrying the colors, or by creating yarn bobbins that you join to the square as you need a different yarn color.
If you’re new to C2C crochet, I’ve got a great Beginner’s Guide to C2C Crochet, that walks you through all of the techniques you need to start! It walks you through how to do the C2C crochet stitch, increase and decrease stitches, and has other helpful tips. You can find it here on my blog at: Beginner’s Guide to C2C Crochet.
Now available as a Kit from Lion Brand!
I’m so excited to say that this blanket is now available as a kit with Lion Brand yarn! In the kit, you can get all the yarn and the pattern to make it. Now, with Lion Brand’s new website, you can also customize your colors! You can do it with the colors that I used in my blanket, or if you want to switch them, you totally can. Basic Stitch Anti Pilling yarn has so many amazing colors available, that you can maker this blanket into the flower field of your dreams!
You can get the kit on Lion Brand’s website at: Flower Field Blanket Kit.
- Lion Brand Basic Stitch Anti Piling in:
- Baby Blue 1110 yards (6 skeins)
- Grass 370 yards (3 skeins)
- Gold Heather 185 yards (1 skein)
- Silver Heather 185 yards (1 skein)
- Taupe Heather 185 yards (1 skein)
- 6.5mm crochet hook
- MC = Main Color
- RS = right side
- WS = wrong side
- MC = Main Color (Baby Blue)
- CC1 = Contrast Color 1 (Grass)
- CC2 = Contrast Color 2 (Golden Heather)
- CC3 = Contrast Color 3 (Silver Heather)
- CC4 = Contrast Color 4 (Taupe Heather)
- Corner = have reached one of the corners of the pattern. If you are doing a wrong side row, it will end on the top right corner, and vice versa with a right side row. You will start doing decreases in the row following that one.
Gauge: 4” x 4” = 5 squares by 5 squares in C2C crochet stitch
Finished Measurements: 44” x 48”
- Want the line by line written instructions for this pattern? You can get them in the premium discounted pdf on Etsy or Ravelry.
- New to C2C Crochet? No problem! Learn the basics of how to start doing C2C crochet with my tutorial, that walks you through everything you need to know to get started. You can find it here on my blog at: The Beginner’s Guide to C2C Crochet.
- Want to avoid crochet mistakes while crocheting this pattern? Learn how to avoid them with my post on my blog: 10 Mistakes Common Mistakes Crocheters Make and How to Avoid Them.
- This pattern is made using US crochet terminology
- This pattern is made using C2C (corner to corner) crochet.
C2C Crochet Sloth Blanket Pattern:
. The pattern is also available as a kit through Lion Brand Yarn.
Pin it for later!